BOH Dept. Head
Job OverviewResponsible for the preparation and/or cooking of food that follows company directed specifications by performing the following duties:
- Ensures all materials and supplies are available.
- Sets up station according to established guidelines and requirements to ensure guest safety.
- Ensures that all foods are prepared according to established recipes and plating guidelines.
- Executes designated preparation stations without support under normal conditions.
- Follows all company HACCP documentation and procedures throughout daily shifts.
- Responsible for daily requisition of non-food and food products.
- Ensures all products are properly received, stored, and maintained in their respective areas, including but not limited to dating, labeling and rotating.
- Maintains safety standards while using knives and other food preparation equipment.
- Restocks and/or breaks down work station at the conclusion of the shift.
- Stocks all stations as directed and cleans/closes all stations as directed.
- Ensures organization and cleanliness of all coolers, freezers, prep areas, etc.
- Cross-trains on all prep and dish stations and assists those co-workers when needed to meet guest satisfaction.
- Maintains a clean appearance and work station and assists in overall kitchen cleanliness, including cleaning all station equipment and utensils (flat tops, grills, storage drawers, etc.) at the end of each shift.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge regarding the company’s products and happenings.
- Notifies manager/supervisor of low inventory and recommends new inventory; communicates opportunities and concerns.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned or determined by management or supervisors and moves with a sense of urgency.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures as established in the Staff Member Handbook.
Skills and Experience
Six months to one year minimum as a prep/line cook in a full-service, high volume restaurant required; must have knowledge of the cooking techniques utilized in the scope of the prep/line position applying for; or equivalent combination of education and experience